Wednesday 6 November 2013

Here I sit...knee deep in research still in pain!

It has been 18 months since I walked into work and said I needed to stop working as I just couldn't work anymore, the fatigue was too much, the migraines were overwhelming, I was in chronic pain and the my IBS was as usual, a mystery! Since then...I have seen a gastrointestinal doctor and been confirmed I have IBS (duh), had an internist who although he liked me couldn't help me, seen a psychologist who had me on 4 anti-depressants, seen an ENT doctor who feels that I do have some damage from my previous sinus surgery but isn't convince that a new surgery could resolve the pain in my face, I have seen a neurologist, who has confirmed that I have chronic migraines, I then finally (after 16 months) got in to see the rheumatologist and was told that I don't have Lupus, I don't have Fibromyalgia. So here I sit...doing 8 hours a day of research myself, trying to figure out why I have pain daily in my head, feeling so nauseated, dizzy, like I am in a hangover every day, it is a roller coaster feel so that sometimes I am not so bad and then WHAM, I am hit like a MAC truck, wow and the doctors say, this is just normal, I am just normal, this is just a normal feeling, you will just have to be like this for 5-10 years till maybe research figures it out...WHAT, really...seriously...I don't think this is right, I don't think I can do this for 10 years, I don't think Greg can do this for 10 years years, I don't think NO ONE should HAVE to do this for 10 years because THEY can't figure it out! In all my research, they are SO many avenues...which one is the right one to go down, which test do you start with, which vitamin do you take, which food do you stop, which treatment do you start, so many questions and so many decisions and so many things to think and I am overwhelmed and my head is spinning (let alone it is spinning without all the research). I just don't know what to do...seriously, I am really enjoying all the learning, it is for a higher purpose, so that is all good...but I guess I just don't know where to go from here! The vicious cycle is needing to be broken into and slowly changed into the right direction...hopefully I am doing that with now the elimination diet, daily workouts, daily hot tubs, taking a stress management course, researching, reading, praying, praying, praying... All you can do is take one step forward and hopefully that is what I am doing...but I have to say, this can be SO frustrating when the steps you are taking feel like you are going in a backward or at least side-ward motion because so far not seeing a whole lot of process! Kari

1 comment:

  1. You have been on my prayer list from day one (of my written prayer list). My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete